Thursday, May 1, 2008

We bought a house

And by "we," I actually mean "Laura." Apparently mortgage companies aren't too fond of my gazillion dollars worth of school loans, so Laura got the loan, and so its her name on the house. I vaguely remember some guy from law school saying something about co-ownership of property in marriage, but all I know is my name's on the trucks. I think it's a fair trade.
So anyway, we closed yesterday, and we are officially the proud owners of 1135 S. Sandusky Ave. As of today, our lovely home has two chairs, a cheap bookshelf, and a box of books in it. What more could you need? Meanwhile, back in OKC, we are deep in the madness of deciding what furniture goes where, what walls need to be painted, and how I'm going to fit both my trucks in our one car garage (I still refuse to admit that it's impossible).
Oh, and here's the link to the "virtual tour" of our house:
http://www.tulsamidtownhomes.com/Tulsa/Oklahoma/Homes/730358/Beverly_Hill/Agent/Listing_1337022.html

2 comments:

Zach said...

Actually, Oklahoma is a marital property state, so your assets won't be divided 50/50, they will be divided equitably, and title goes into deciding who gets what. Basically, if you can't agree, a judge decides for you.

2 more things:

1. That kitchen is ridiculous
2. You'll never fit anything in that garage.

Jen said...

Your house is super cute! I am soooo jealous! We are going to have to visit you some day. Too bad you live in crummy T-Town now! :)