Thursday, August 7, 2008

I am J.D.

One thing I have failed to mention about being at OU Tulsa is that I get free food in the hospital cafeteria. Now, I know that doesn't sound that awesome, but this also counts for the physician's lunch room which isn't too bad. It's also great because Keith Fischborn is having to pay for all the food he gets at the hospital.
So as you can imagine, it only took a matter of minutes for us students to figure out how to abuse this privilege. There are two major flaws in the free food system: 1) No one keeps track of how much you spend, and 2) They provide plastic grocery sacks at checkout counter. Yes, plastic grocery sacks- that we of course fill with all manner of packaged foods and beverages. So now our fridge is full of various Coke products and energy drinks, our pantry is full of every kind of chips, and Laura and I don't have to buy milk or orange juice any more. While it's not quite a trunk full of pudding cups, I thought it was funny how my life was just that much more like Scrubs.

2 comments:

Stephen Vandervort said...

My tax dollars at work!

Zach said...

No, your insurance premiums at work. It's funny, I thought this post was going to be about the Juris Doctorate degree. Instead, it was about stealing free food. Well, I get free coffee at work, and I steal the creamer, so there.