Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No rest for the weary

First, we moved, and it's awesome.
Second, we went to Chicago and then Oregon with Joe and Meg, and that was also awesome. We went hiking around waterfalls, went wine tasting through the Willamette Valley (and got a free bottle of pinot noir!), went to the beach, went for a night on downtown, ate seafood till we almost puked, etc. Here's my great story from the trip though: we were flying out Saturday afternoon, and the REI used gear sale (which is where I got my Chacos for $2.83) was Sunday morning. We sullenly got on our plane, and then Jesus Christ himself came down and broke our plane. Seriously, they got on the intercom and said, "Sorry, but the plane is broken." I guess they didn't mention Jesus because it's not PC. Anyway, I got to go to the used gear sale after all, and my life was complete.
Then I came home, and spent the next two weeks studying for the United States Medical Licensing Exam, Step 1 (I have to take two more of these before I get my license. Step 3 is two days long.). If you know me, you'll understand that having to spend two weeks studying was the worst experience of my entire life. My only consolation is that most people spend 5-7 weeks studying. Of course they'll do better than me, but I got to go the REI used gear sale and they didn't. Anyway, I finally got the test over with, and that's amazing.
Fourth and finally, I know have this one week to do all the projects on our new house. My projects include: putting in new fans, putting in a garden on the side of the house, putting in a garden with a pond and waterfall in the back yard, replacing some of the siding on our garage, rewiring the lights in our garage, painting, and planting a crap load of bushes.
Anyway, my two favorite things about our house right now are 1) last night Laura and I drank some port in our library and 2) right over where our waterfall garden will be, there is a mimosa tree which is blooming right now. Our entire yard smells like a flower garden. It's unreal.

No comments: