Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All I want for Christmas

Having just witnessed the near catastrophe that was Transformers, the best Christmas present anyone could give me is to be able to sucker punch Michael Bay. To explain why, I will give a brief synopsis of every Michael Bay film:
1)An enormous and amazing action sequence with incredible special effects
2)an hour of extremely lame dialogue interspersed with absolutely obscene product placement
3)An enormous and amazing action sequence with incredible special effects
4)an hour of extremely lame dialogue interspersed with absolutely obscene product placement
5)An enormous and amazing action sequence with incredible special effects, coupled with a five minute pathetic attempt to tie up all loose ends.

Now, let me clarify that tears of joy did stream down my face when Optimus Prime skewered a Decepticon's face with his sword. And what boy who grew up in the late 80's/ early 90's doesn't nearly wet himself when he hears that familiar transforming sound. These and the promises of Autobot City and Starscream's survival made the film a draw for me, but only just barely.

3 comments:

Laura R said...

What boy doesn't get excited when they hear that sound?! Then I guess you're married to a boy who grew up in the '80s. That was weird to say.
But, you know you're proud of my Transformer knowledge.

Zach said...

I hear they're making a GI Joe movie, but liberalizing it. Not great american heroes, they're changing it to great international heroes or something like that.

Josh McCullock Photography said...

I have to agree with your assessment of Transformers. Don't they know our generation has grown up to be cynical jerks who don't want our stories to be messed with. I hated the new TMNT too, completely lame.
Laura, good point. I once knew a girl who knew more about Transformers than me...same girl that beat me up in karate class later in life. go fig!