Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Match

So, it's been a while since I've blogged, and a lot has happened.
I'll try to tell things in chronological order.
First, I matched in Oregon.
As an aside, this upcoming thursday is the 2011 match. It's so weird to be on the other end of things now. I would have been way way more nervous if I'd known just how arbitrary the whole decision making process is.
But, as fate would have it, I matched in Oregon.
Here are some pics from the celebration, which was on the top floor of the Mayo hotel in downtown Tulsa:

Here's the view from the rooftop, just outside the penthouse:
These are the other Tulsa folk who God smiled upon and matched in Portland:
Another shot of the Match Day festivities
Immediately after this party, Laura and I changed, jumped in the already packed truck, and took of for a cabin in the Ozarks. We hid out there without cell phones or indoor heating (Just a sweet fireplace) and planned our move to Portland and now possible trip to Europe.






No comments: